Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a cage for two cockatiels, but I'm having trouble finding one that meets my needs and hoping that someone has a recommendation that might help. I live in an apartment and I'm a student, so I'm limited in terms of space as well as budget. I prefer a wider rather than taller cage, but it seems like most cages that are available give preference to height rather than width, so this is making it especially hard to find the right cage. I also want the top to be mostly flat so that my birds can play on top of the cage comfortably. Increased portability would be a huge plus but really my birds' comfort and happiness are the most important of all. They will get "out of cage time" every day, but the timing will vary from 2 hours a day to 10 hours a day depending on my ever-changing schedule as a student.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

Thank you! :grey tiel::pearl:

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Can't go wrong with this A&E flight cage and this is hands down the BEST deal I have found on it!!! I wouldn't go much smaller for two birds. http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-E-Flight-...hash=item33adc73571:m:mKdTqqkqFCAzCmw1qpkye9A

Even if you live in an apartment and have limited space (like me), they need a certain amount of room to be comfortable. And you can easily make the top into a play area since these cages have nice, sturdy bars.

I have bought from this seller before and can vouch for their good service.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
That is a great price for a quality cage...
This cage is the one I have for my breeding pair... https://www.facebook.com/groups/881632488592717/ .. Although not quite as heavy duty as the cage linked by Moonchild it is still a great cage at a great price... I love it cuz it is shorter than the other flight cages... I am only 5'1" so that's important...lol
Curious, what cage is it? Your link just takes me to a FB group.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Oooh okay, that cage! Right now the A&E is the same price, and given the choice I would go with that one because it is a little sturdier and comes in light colors (important to me, maybe not to others). But the Prevue cage is a GREAT value and usually cheaper than the A&E. I recommend it a lot for that reason alone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought from the a&e distributor on Ebay and I liked the flight cage so much I bought a second one. I have one cockatiel in an A&E flight cage and 2 budgies in the other A&E flight cage. I'm a fan of the Prevue only in the fact that it does offer more interior space and has superb reviews but I hate those doors. I already have an escape artist budgie so I am quite happy to have the more secure A&E doors. FYI if they don't have the color you want just keep checking their auctions because they offer new colors every week once the old auction expires.

Here is the cockatiel's cage. The cage next to it is the old budgie cage.

My budgies' new upgraded cage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just wanted to let you know the prices on Amazon dropped tonight - I have the Camelizer browser app. F040 is now $87, HQ flight is $111 and the pearch and go carrier is $55. I don't know how long they will stay this low so think fast since Amazon is known to fluctuate on prices quite a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts