Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking my boy Ringo (a year old) is in his teen years, Lucy is still maybe toddler age or young child. Ringo is still doing the lowering his head spreading his wings a bit biting at the air. I'm hoping this is his 'horrible teens' and he'll grow out of it. I know they can live to 30 years so trying to work out what 'stage' he's at?

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
18 months is generally when a tiel is an "adult". Males do mature a little bit faster, so closer to a year but hens are for fully matured at 18 months. The spreading wings thing may also be a hormonal thing and that wont go away unless his hormones are reduced.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
18 months is generally when a tiel is an "adult". Males do mature a little bit faster, so closer to a year but hens are for fully matured at 18 months. The spreading wings thing may also be a hormonal thing and that wont go away unless his hormones are reduced.
Thanks hon. He's been a very different boy since getting Lucy but she HATES him. I maybe should have got him and his brother instead? I adore them both but I hate seeing him so angry when he was such a sweetie.

How do you reduce hormones? I feel for my girl Lucy as she has no interest in Ringo what so ever. But he refuses to be anywhere without her - but she is only too happy to be without him.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://talkcockatiels.com/showthread.php?t=32330 this should help with hormones. He'll go back to his normal self most likely.
Thanks! xx I'm very used to birds especially parrots. Hand raised a few but they were by themselves so depended on me for company. Ringo was just like that until we finally got Lucy and now he's possesive and mean - and she just wants to be on me 24/7.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts