Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie to this forum so I hope this request is permissible. If not, please delete. I am looking for a young male white faced pearl and I thought this might be a good place to ask. They seem to be hard to find and I have tried all the web sites and breeders I can find in New England.Any help or advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello! Though I'm not sure about if your post is allowed or not, I will mention that you'll find it hard to find a male pearl at all. Males will lose their pearls within their first few molts, mostly from their first molt. While they still retain the gene, a male white faced pearl cockatiel will not retain his pearls past his first year.

It's something to consider!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I'd edit your title to include the whole name. Wfp is not a recognized abbreviation and might be confusing to most members.

Have you looked at ebayclassifieds? Honestly, it's getting out of breeding season for most tiels so you might not find babies until next spring. They can breed all year round but mine seemed to be really into it in the spring more than anything else.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I'd edit your title to include the whole name. Wfp is not a recognized abbreviation and might be confusing to most members.

Have you looked at ebayclassifieds? Honestly, it's getting out of breeding season for most tiels so you might not find babies until next spring. They can breed all year round but mine seemed to be really into it in the spring more than anything else.
Haha, mine can and will breed year round if I let them however I only allow them 1 clutch in spring, 1 clutch in fall. I have gotten male pearls and male whiteface pearls, however as stated above the do lose the coloring, they are still pearls, just not visually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts