Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone you are talking with the worlds happiest mother and Father of a tiel egg in the world. Pussy Cat ( our female tiel) just laid her first ever egg about 1 hour ago. And Eric and Myself (Nickiey) (Human Parents) couldn't be happier! :love: I've been waiting on pins and needles all day for this one egg :eek: I thought that she would never lay it but she didn't seem to be in any pain or to be having any problems so I just let them be and about an hour ago She did it finaly:rolleyes: and we couldn't be happier!

Eric and NIckiey

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ohh congrats!!!!
*sends babie cockateil dust your way*
:tiel2::tiel3::tiel5::tiel6::tiel1::tiel4:

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
You can expect another egg tomorrow about that same time in the afternoon. Good Luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just so Everyone knows Sweetrsue is the smartest lady in the world and is an amazing helper:love: Thank you so much Sue:D your ##### 1111111111:love:
Nickiey

You can expect another egg tomorrow about that same time in the afternoon. Good Luck!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Thank You Nickiey but I think your giving me too much credit!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We just had egg #2 about 30 mins. ago now:clap::tiel4: Everything seems to be going great she's right on time with everything. :rolleyes: They are both doing there jobs, Mama's on the eggs all day and Daddy's on the eggs all night:love::lovebirds::angel::innocent: I couldn't have asked for better parents. Now we just have to wait for the next egg and to see if there's any babies inside these cute little eggs:confused::D:excited:

We'll talk to you soon and will keep you all posted!:D

Eric:tiel2: & Nickiey:tiel4:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Sue,

I'm just amazed at how they just know what to do. When I had my first baby I read every book there was about being a first time mom and she just knew what to do. I'm amazeing :eek:

Thank You
Nickiey

Everything looks just right!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
It is amazing how nature takes care of things! That reminds me of a joke!...A Mother skunk had two babies. She named one of them IN and one of them OUT. When the babies started getting independant they wandered off in seperate directions. Mother Skunk searched and searched but she couldn't find OUT. However she had no trouble finding IN...Why?... IN stinks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi That's to funny!

I have a question????????? :confused: Very confuesed! When you are looking to see if the eggs are furtal to you count the day that they are laid or to do start counting to five days at 24 hours after they are laid? I'm lost if they was laid Thursday the 28th @ 7:30pm what day can I tell if they are furtal?

Thank You
NIckiey:confused:

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I would consider the afternoon following your first egg as day #1. You should be able to count the egg that was laid on the 28th by Tues the 2nd...TOMORROW!!! If you did already sneak a peek. You will see a fertile egg will look a deeper orange than it did at the start. You should be able to see little veins. Check out the sticky thread on the development on the egg. I think it's under Cockatiel Breeding. Maybe it will give you some pictures to look at while you wait to candle the egg.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You know me Sue I had to sneak a peek on egg #1 It's is a deeper orange then #2 egg where that one looks like it is all clear. I did get to read that thread about the way egg develop it was very interesting but I don't think that I saw any pics. I'll have to go and look at it again! I'll post tomorrow about the eggs.!:D

Nickiey:)

I would consider the afternoon following your first egg as day #1. You should be able to count the egg that was laid on the 28th by Tues the 2nd...TOMORROW!!! If you did already sneak a peek. You will see a fertile egg will look a deeper orange than it did at the start. You should be able to see little veins. Check out the sticky thread on the development on the egg. I think it's under Cockatiel Breeding. Maybe it will give you some pictures to look at while you wait to candle the egg.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts