Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this always a sign that they're sick or can it be okay? Dallas been sneezing and spraying liquid when she does today. Her nose looks wet afterwards too so she must be pretty "snotty". It's a very recent development though. Does this call for a vet? Should I separate her and my other one?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just called two avian vets and they both said that it's too soon to know if it's anything and just to watch her but now I'm paranoid. Her nares don't look wet except for right after she sneezes, which she's only done a few times. They said maybe something just agitated her nose? She seems fine otherwise, eating, chirping, moving around. Her nose is just slightly pink. Here's a pic, she's got a mouth full of seeds. Her eyes look half shut but I just caught her blinking, they're fine really.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
I don't know how many times she's done it, but Murray will do a wet sneeze if she happens to sneeze right after she's had a drink or eaten wet food. If you say her nose looks a bit irritated that's probably not it, but I just wanted to add that the odd wet sneeze does happen normally.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put the heater on, covered half her cage and let her have a little nap and now she seems fine. Her nose isn't pink anymore, she seems perfectly fine again. It's been about 4 hours since she last sneezed so I think it's okay... Maybe.. I'm still watching her like a hawk but thank you Charlotte, I thought that the odd wet sneeze was normal enough. I have no idea if she had gotten water in her nares but I'm hoping that's all it was.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Her nares do look pretty pink in the photo but if they're not that colour normally, she's probably okay. My 'tiels do wet sneezes if they've just had a drink, but other times the sneezes are dry. Hopefully her sneezes will be dry again soon. :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They were very pink but I've noticed hers just do that sometimes. Freaks me out every time. I've had her for months and some days I'll uncover her cage and she's got a red nose and then it goes away in an hour or two. So weird.
Anyway I've put her to bed early so she can rest up just in case. Poor little thing. Even if she's not sick she's had to deal with me hovering around her all day staring at her nose lol

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
I've had wet sneezes before. Like it was said above, she could have just had a sip of water

1 - 8 of 8 Posts