Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put the tiels nest box up 4th dec, and i hadnt seen them for a couple of days so i opened the box to check on them and they have 1 egg in there i think they had it yesterday so the next 1 due tommorow wish me luck as there last clutch didnt suvive

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I hope you have better luck this time and get a clutch of healthy chicks! :D Keep us posted.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Good luck with them-hope all goes well this time around. Make sure mommy and daddy are getting plenty of vitamins and minerals.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your kind comments, they have had another egg today, 4 days since the last one, 2 altogether, is that normal 4 days apart? its normaly 2 days apart, they are sitting tight already so i might have chicks before the new year hopefully :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well they have been sitting now for 6 days its gone so quick the first egg is due to hatch between 1st and 4th of january i candled the oldest egg today, its fertile it has a very strong heartbeat, im so exited :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Thats great news Sarah, I can only imagine how excited you are :D keep us updated on how things are going, I can't wait to see little babies.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are both doing well parents and eggs lol, i candled egg 2 today its fertile yay! i candled egg 1 and its filled more than half the egg already and it jumped wen i was candlein it! its grown so fast in the last 3 days, there 9 days in to incubation now (half way assuming it hatches day 18) ill keep you posted x

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its now day 13 into incubation, and with between 5 & 8 days left i decided to candle them again today to check on there progress (couldnt resist lol) egg 1 is doing very well i can make out a faint shape, he was bobbing about so cute! i think egg 2 has died there is a blood ring and a few smears on the side hopefully i will still get 1 healthy chick, fingers crossed x?

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
You could be surprised and find that both are still good. I've had eggs i would've sworn were duds end up hatching. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts