Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! I went to see my future cockatiel yesterday. I met my breeder and his family and met all of the birds and the male cockatiel that I will be bringing home next week! He is 6 months old and the breeder told me he has just started to get his yellow face. He stepped up to my hand and he looked at me for a long time. My breeder said you could tell he was relaxed with me because he did not constrict his feathers. Then he climbed up my arm and sat on my shoulder for awhile. He was very curious about my eyeglasses and started nibbling on the arm of the eyeglasses while on my shoulder. I told him "No" very firmly and the breeder helped show me how to move him back onto my hand. My boyfriend also had the cockatiel on his arm and on his shoulder and the cockatiel climbed up onto this head like the "king of the mountain." Later he flew back on top of his cage. I asked a lot of questions that had written down on a list. It was our first experience meeting a cockatiel and we were both smitten by this little guy's attitude. We had a guinea pig for over 6 years and are anxious to be slaves again. I :love::tiel2:s!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, I really felt like stuffing him in my purse then and there! I am probably going to get him next week! I have to arrange for a rental car, since we live in the city and I don't want to take my little guy through the subway. I think it would be way too loud and crazy for him! I want him to chill out and relax with his new people, ya know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts