Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little lucky finally did hatch, ending up in an assisted hatch, but all smooth sailing so far, hatched on the 1st and starting to know how feeding works. Can't believe how tiny they start off. Wonder what colour he'll end up being.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
How absolutely adorable :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
They are so precious at that time in their lives...adorable baby. Glad all is well with him/her :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They definitely are he/she knows how to keep me tired haha. But I guess after a few clutches I'll learn how to deal with it. And I'll have time to relax before letting the pair breed again, they can just enjoy their dummy eggs. The female needs some recovering time anyway.

I wish they opened their eyes quicker though, it's kinda creepy when feeding. And all the time haha. Are they always really squirmy? It seems to enjoy when my partner plays the guitar <3

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Cuuute! Best of luck! :thumbu:

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Ah thats cute I know for sure he will turn out lovely lol.cant wait to see him grow up and see that im right lol.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Ahhh how adorable! Gosh they're so tiny at that age. I always felt like I was going to break zoe when she was a baby lol!

·
Registered
414 Posts
How cute. I would be terriefied to pick a baby up. They look so fragile and I'm not very graceful.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hopefully it does turn out lovely, the parents have good temperaments so here's to hoping that gets passed down. I'm worried half the time about it, that I'll hurt it or feed it wrong and it breaths the food in. But with each feed its getting better and better.

Does anyone know what cour it will be?
Mum is - cinnamon pied split to whiteface
And dad is - a pearled with something else can't remember, his picture is in my signature. Saroyan the grey one

·
Registered
92 Posts
They definitely are he/she knows how to keep me tired haha. But I guess after a few clutches I'll learn how to deal with it. And I'll have time to relax before letting the pair breed again, they can just enjoy their dummy eggs. The female needs some recovering time anyway.

I wish they opened their eyes quicker though, it's kinda creepy when feeding. And all the time haha. Are they always really squirmy? It seems to enjoy when my partner plays the guitar <3
Lucky is so cute!
Quick q - Where can I get dummy eggs in Oz?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks :D it starts rocking away when partner brings out the guitar, seems all my birds like it haha.

And I ordered mine online :) it came as a clutch of 8 or so, I've just removed them bow that she's stopped nesting finally. I could probably find the website I went through if you wanted, they got here rather quick :) and not too expensive either

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And yes, oz is real, it's like slang for Australia hehe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts