Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im new to this forum! I usually use Avian Avenue, but ive asked so much about this little man im kind of emparrassed about doing it more... If you wanna read more on him Im called ScreamBuddies there.

Anyway, i have a baby cockatiel, about 1.5 months old, hes stunted and was abandoned by his mother because it was her first chick. I took him under my "wing" and managed to raise him!

Everything is going great, he used to have some crop problems but is now thriving. However, his poops changed colors around a week ago. They were green and became brown. I asked in the forum and i was told that it seems abnormal but as long as nothing else happens i shouldnt worry...Well, now theyre becomig orange and MUCH more watery. I tried to find info but only saw some about adults and I dont think that applies. Im using HARI's tropican hand feeding formula.

Dont mind the seeds in the picture, i started to put some on the bottom to get him used to them so he starts eating on his own. He hasnt swallowed a single seed so far and only just licked them and spit them out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edit: i took him on my bed to look him over and he pooped (thanks alot...) It seems healthy! Its also back to green, my camera just makes it paler.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had wondered about this myself. I'm new to having a cockatiel in the home. My parents got one for my son for his birthday a week ago. Ours poop green sometimes and look watery. Which has worried me, though I've begun paying more attention to what hes actually eating our of the seed mixture and what he just leaves untouched (Weve been giving him the same feed they fed them at store we got him, and mixing that with cockatiel seed they also sell there) its a mixture with vitamins and I did notice when he eats the green pellet things in it his poop is green, when he eats more of the other seeds from it the color is different. I do worry that its not normal and if we should change the seeds all together.

I'm not sure if its the food that is doing it or not, but I do wonder. I am curious about what others say here who are experienced with tiels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts