Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my socks out of the drier and when Rocko and Loki saw them they went nuts Loki crashed into lots of walls and I dont know what Rocko crashed into because his cere is red.My socks are white why are they so frightened of them its just a sock and after I got them they were breathing heavy.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Unfortunately that's normal behaviour, haha. It's instinct for them to be very wary and often afraid of unfamiliar objects that in their minds they think could be a threat to them.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately that's normal behaviour, haha. It's instinct for them to be very wary and often afraid of unfamiliar objects that in their minds they think could be a threat to them.
They are ok around other objects they never seen but the sock just scares them to make them hit walls.And Rockos cere is ok I gave Loki and him a bath and it was just stuff in his nose that made it look bruised because it was hanging out.They are both going out later to my little sisters school the kids cant wait to see them.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
One time my mum walked into my room with a sunhat on, the 'tiels absolutely freaked and crashed into anything and everything. Safe to say they didn't like the hat. :p

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Joey flips out if fabric is moving, especially if it is moving fast, such as shaking out an item of laundry before folding it or hanging it up. If I wear a new or new to him outfit or article of clothing, he will study it and is a bit wary at first, but seems okay.

My mother in law is in for her yearly visit, and all has been going great, other than when she shook her straw hat to fluff it after it had been in our closet for a year. He had a bit of a flap and hit the deck, squawking. He was in his cage at the time, so it wasn't overly traumatic for him, but she quickly realized what was going on and stopped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts