Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you!!
Oh wow yes I never really knew much about show quality as my babies as my, well, babies (pets). Lol My flock is within that range. Hepex has beedie eyes, big head and a wide chest...I doubt he is actual show quality but he does have the weight going for him! My little monster lol.
I also have a blind rescue and most recently got another blind rescue. They are both extremely active and keep up with the flock without issue.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Big head and wide chest are both good qualities for show birds.
It is so nice you rescue special needed cockatiels, thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh wow I had no idea! Hepex is a nut haha so there will be no showing him but its nice to know he is in thay category.
Aww thank you!! I am so blessed to have them! They do exceptionally well!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rescue I adopted from had a 140g cockatiel! He was former show breeding stock. He looked almost like a small quaker, but not obese at all. Just BIG.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The rescue I adopted from had a 140g cockatiel! He was former show breeding stock. He looked almost like a small quaker, but not obese at all. Just BIG.
Oh wow that is amazing!! Yes my boy's breeder did confirm she has used some show birds for her stock. My boy is a solid 140/141 but healthy thankfully! Yes haha he looks like a quaker....round lil guy haha

21 - 25 of 25 Posts