Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im just right now after starting the Wave Trick with Rocko its like he knew what the word meant already when I say wave and hold my finger near him he lifts his foot high up but I want him to do it without using my finger and just saying the word how can i do this or i want to wave with my hand for him to do it either one would be good I want to share his intelligence and show my friends how talented he is and this would be the first trick for rocko to ever learn so any ideas on how i can do it without using my finger I will practice moving my finger further away until finally i remove my finger will that work hes a smart bird and knows what he needs to do to earn his Treat he already steps up without getting rewarded but wave is a new trick so he looks around waiting for his treat lol

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I think you have already made a huge progress with the wave trick if he moves his foot after your finger, wow, mine don't really do anything like that.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That's amazing! My 'tiel seems to only really know "come here" and "food". Mostly when they are used in the same sentence. :D

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you have already made a huge progress with the wave trick if he moves his foot after your finger, wow, mine don't really do anything like that.
Really I just thought all birds would know what to do he wont do it when inside the cage though I dont know what hes playing at lol he wont step up when inside either he wont really even take millet when inside the cage I think hes got some territory issues or something lol

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's amazing! My 'tiel seems to only really know "come here" and "food". Mostly when they are used in the same sentence. :D
I want to teach Rocko as much tricks as i can next will be to lay on his back and then play dead when i say bang I think its really easy teaching tricks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts