Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface this by saying I have worked with my vet to figure out the problem. I have talked to several vets in my area and tried different solutions. I have spent close to a thousand dollars on lab tests and other things in an attempt to diagnose this with no success. I have tried to clean my bird area to make sure this wasn't cause by germs or something. I have had birds my whole life and have never experienced anything like this (I am probably lucky) Anyway here is the problem...

My birds eye started watering a lot leaving the area around his eye wet. He also wiped his eye with part of his wing which led to that being rubbed raw. This led to a yellow looking gunk starting to form around his eye. I took him to the vet and they found his skin under his wing to be very raw and fragile. We eventually got that under control but we can't figure out what is causing this or what it is. The lab test I paid for turned up nothing and I'm at a loss at what to do next. I'm currently giving him eye drops, medicated water, and using a cleaning solution.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this and have advice for me?

I can try to elaborate on certain things if needed. Any help is appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts