Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Choco has been making some watery droppings lately. I'd say about 40% of her droppings are really watery. She was just at the vet about two weeks ago and he said she is doing fine. Is this normal? About 5 months ago she had similar droppings and it eventually went back to normal on its own. Shes not loosing weight, she is 91g and that is the highest she has been! Could this be due to the weather? We have had some hotter days in the past week.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
It could be due to the weather if the heat is making her drink more. Is it possible she's taking baths in her water dish when you're not looking? That always leads to really watery droppings in my flock.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She does take baths in her water sometimes but not daily, so it wouldn't be it. Also I would have noticed if she got wet because I am around her most of the day. As far as drinking water I haven't noticed an increase.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I would just keep an eye on it. If all her droppings become watery or if you notice other symptoms, then maybe consider another vet trip. But it seems very likely to me that she's doing just fine. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts