Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
and that is just ONE of the main reasons I refuse to buy a bird that has to be shipped, If i can't get it locally or within couple hour drive I don't get it at all

There is a lady who sells Budgies near us, and refuses to let any one in the basment she goes and gets one or more( what ever the person wants to see) and brings them up stairs in a carrier or a cage - I told my b/ f if he ever bought off of her I'd beat him senseless

IF she won't let people go where the birds are to see how they are living and taken care of - Then she's hiding somthing- is my view on it and he told me the other day he drove by and she had cages outside for sale he said they were caked with bird poo, it looked like they haven't been cleaned in years and she wanted 50.00 for a SMALL cage Similar to what you'd use to take them to a vet, or on a short trip

I told him This is why he better NEVER buy any birds off of her, If the cages looked that bad she was selling - whatcha think the one's the birds are living in look like!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Sick. I can't say i wouldn't order online because here, there are no breeders. BUT it would be from a reliable breeder. I know quite the few because of a yahoo group on and i know i can trust them. I would never buy from a online add far away from here and have them shipped in. Then you don't know what your dealing with. Just my point of view but with any breeder aswell you have to be vary careful to know what your getting into. Heck, i still have contact with my breeder. We went to the mall a few times. Talks and msn every now and then.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the breeder i deal with like you to see her bird room and lets you pick out the bird you want and sends pics of it to you via email weekly that way you are sort of conected with it,s upbringing and oh yea birdieness she lives in ontario canada here is her web site
http://www.freewebs.com/crazy4birdsaviary/index.htm

as you can see her cages are nice and clean and she does ship via airline
and she has a testimonial page to

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
That is so sad. It makes me so upset to think of these poor birds suffering like that. :( I would never ever have a bird sent in the post to me, it seems so cruel...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I always said I would never order online but that is what I did a while ago .So far I have just put down a deposit on 4 tiels . They are being weaned now so hopefully this isnt a scam and I'll get my healthy birds soon. I did as much research on the breeder as I could and they seem nice and like they know what they are doing unlike alot of online sellers I have seen.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes i met the breeder i,m getting stretch from a yahoo group as well you may know her lori mcormick

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
It's a real shame that there are people like that out there calling themselves "breeders". I would get a bird shipped if i couldn't buy locally, but i would be very choosy about who i bought from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts