Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just curious how many of you have vocal females, Minnie is very vocal she is dna'd so I know she is indeed female we just find her very odd :p I was listening to her today and she was the loudest she has every been, I thought it was Ollie but Ian is like no its Minnie doing that I had to get up and look because I didn't believe him....lol she just sat there on the little ledge thats beside her cage and was talking up a storm wolf whistling and chattering away and she was quite loud about it :p she doesn't do it all the time like Ollie but then again when I hear it I think its Ollie so how would I know ...lol maybe its her doing it more then I think :p anyone else have vocal females?

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Nope...still thinking they got that test wrong..lol..Just kidding. No vocal girls here. Baby just screams when she wants something with the occassional kissing noise which is our "special call" between the two of us. We do it when she wants to know that Im ok or when we say good night. Ziggy started to copy her too.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have wondered that myself...lol but I still believe she is a girl just a strange one :p she is vocal but its on a quieter scale even her wolf whistle is much quiter then Ollie's she actually sounds really pretty if that makes sense...lol even her chatter is quieter although yesterday it was a little louder at times, she is just not running around like a crazy fool while she does it, she usually just sits by herself and bobs her head up and down and whistles to herself she is so cute

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
We don't know the sex of Earl yet, but I will call him a He for now :D
He wolf whistles, chatters, does scream sometimes, and just does plain cockatiel noises!

Don't they do some cute little noises ? :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
My two girls are noisey. Mojo is REALLY loud at times. They both do the wolf whistle and the "come here" whistle. Chiclet chatters and if no one is in the room that chatter is really loud. They call for us as well. Chiclet is the "quiet" one though. I know what you mean about it sounding "pretty", Chiclets whistles sound prettier than Mojos.

BTW... I love your new Hollie, I am jellous :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think its so funny that females who are "suppose" to be quiet can make so many noises :p Georgie is my quiet female other then her contact call, Minnie is my I want to be a male, female...lol and Hollie I think is going to be vocal as well she is sitting there making all kinds of different noises right now...lol

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah he does have alot of yellow on his face and you say he has even more so I would think male he will lose the yellow barring in his molt, If he is wolf whistling and chattering I would say pretty good chance he is male :D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Yeah he does have alot of yellow on his face and you say he has even more so I would think male he will lose the yellow barring in his molt, If he is wolf whistling and chattering I would say pretty good chance he is male :D
Laura, if he turns out to be a male, at least he won't be known as Earl the Girl:D LOL!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts