Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Hey there. So I think I figured out the cause of his slimy/sticky poopd. I'm pretty sure it's the seeds, especially millet that comes in seed mixes. His poops are still like that because I can't just stop him from eating seeds, it's very vital for their health. I have began to feed him more veggies and roudybush pellets. I did a little experiment by giving him only pellets for 3-4 hours. I checked his poops after that and they weren't slimy, a little sticky yes but not slimy. I did this experiment a few times, and once I gave him seeds, it went back fo being a little slimy.

I think it looks even more slimy when he hasn't eaten anything. Today I had to move to him to a different room because there was painting and I didn't want him to be exposed to fumes. He couldn't eat all that much for 5-7 hours. I tried to hand feed him but he was scared of his new surrounding. I finally got him to eat a little and put him back in his room and he finally ate but mostly millet. His poops were very watery, slimy and little to none green feces. So it's possible that the slimines is due ro millet/seeds + not eating enough.

· Registered
14 Posts
Hey there. So I think I figured out the cause of his slimy/sticky poopd. I'm pretty sure it's the seeds, especially millet that comes in seed mixes. His poops are still like that because I can't just stop him from eating seeds, it's very vital for their health. I have began to feed him more veggies and roudybush pellets. I did a little experiment by giving him only pellets for 3-4 hours. I checked his poops after that and they weren't slimy, a little sticky yes but not slimy. I did this experiment a few times, and once I gave him seeds, it went back fo being a little slimy.

I think it looks even more slimy when he hasn't eaten anything. Today I had to move to him to a different room because there was painting and I didn't want him to be exposed to fumes. He couldn't eat all that much for 5-7 hours. I tried to hand feed him but he was scared of his new surrounding. I finally got him to eat a little and put him back in his room and he finally ate but mostly millet. His poops were very watery, slimy and little to none green feces. So it's possible that the slimines is due ro millet/seeds + not eating enough.
Here, maybe this could help:
Recipe Organism Ingredient Font Adaptation
Botany Organism Font Plant Adaptation

21 - 22 of 22 Posts