Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I hate this so much. So much. It has me weeping everyday. I unexpectedly had a life change (extremely unexpected, extreme change) and Indie might not be able to come with me. Is there anyone in Vermont who would like to adopt him?
:( I just want a good forever home for him. Email is posted below if you're interested.
[email protected]
~ Kate & Indie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
Well, I originally decided to adopt him from a rescue because I got a full time position in the city working in my field of training. I moved into a great place and planned to stay put for quite some time. But, the job didn't work out. I had applied to graduate school willy-nilly, just in case, and I actually got in. The place I'm moving to won't allow him. Vermont is a tiny state in the NorthEastern portion of the States, right near New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts.
~ Kate

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Hello,
Well, I originally decided to adopt him from a rescue because I got a full time position in the city working in my field of training. I moved into a great place and planned to stay put for quite some time. But, the job didn't work out. I had applied to graduate school willy-nilly, just in case, and I actually got in. The place I'm moving to won't allow him. Vermont is a tiny state in the NorthEastern portion of the States, right near New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts.
~ Kate
I would have took him lol but im in Ireland im looking everywhere to adopt a cockatiel I already have a trained friendly one named Rocko.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would post that information on other bird forums as well like Avian Avenue to get a wider audience of people who might want to adopt. I hope you can find someone to take him, but you may want to start looking into parrot sanctuary options because it can take a while to get in (they wont be put to sleep there unlike some animal shelters). If you are going to be returning eventually or moving out of the place that wont allow him after school you could let him stay with a friend or family member until you can get him back. :)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
I would post that information on other bird forums as well like Avian Avenue to get a wider audience of people who might want to adopt. I hope you can find someone to take him, but you may want to start looking into parrot sanctuary options because it can take a while to get in (they wont be put to sleep there unlike some animal shelters). If you are going to be returning eventually or moving out of the place that wont allow him after school you could let him stay with a friend or family member until you can get him back. :)
Great idea kiwi that will certainly get a bigger audience

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Kiwis second idea is great if a friend or family member could take him because then you could get him back one day or at least visit

·
Registered
260 Posts
I live near Vermont (Massachusetts), and if I had more time for another bird (we recently rescued another conure,, she's a sweetheart..) I'd see if we could take him in but I don't think so.. :(

I wish you luck!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts