Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about vegies. Is it better to cook them first or feed them raw? I found one thing Snitch really liked, I don't eat hot peppers, I was eating a Chimichanga and gave him a little piece of the pepper. He wanted more. I have given him a little acorn squash after it was cooked... is it okay for them to eat the seeds from squashes? Again after cooked, or before cooking. He does like the broccoli flowerettes, I cut them off in fine pieces. Learned I have a dog that likes the stems, even frozen. :rolleyes: Thanks for any replies. They are most welcome and I have learned a bunch from these posts.Thank you all. Birdie21

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I give both to mine, whatever I have fresh and sometimes in a pinch or if I have leftovers I give them a frozen veggie mix cooked or stemmed that they love :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I usually give them raw they have more nutrition, but cooked is fine aswell-still a lot of goodness! :D

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Mine like both, 'specially cooked carrots and peas.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Maybe because he can turn it into pulp and throw it at the walls? That's what my guys do with cooked veggies. :p
Mine seem to almost take like the middle of the veggie out like they squeeze it then they drop it on the floor :p

·
Registered
119 Posts
:) well both are really good :)
But if you plan on giving potatoe's please cook them as they are toxic if raw :)
Just a heads up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts