Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to give cockatiels vegetables every single day I read some where too much is bad.Im gonna try a few new vegetables today and see will they eat them.Loki has never eaten veg before and he will most likely eat anything thats food and will probably encourage Rocko to eat some too.I wish you could use emojis on this lol.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I feed mine veg's everyday, as well as nutriberries and some seed, and of course sprouts. I have never heard of it being too much.
Here is a good page to read : http://www.cockatielcottage.net/diet3.html
It lists all things good for them and how to feed them. Happy reading :)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feed mine veg's everyday, as well as nutriberries and some seed, and of course sprouts. I have never heard of it being too much.
Here is a good page to read : http://www.cockatielcottage.net/diet3.html
It lists all things good for them and how to feed them. Happy reading :)
I made them Sprouts,Peas,Corn,Carrots and broccoli and I sprinkled millet and seed on them but they are not eating them Loki is completely new to vegetables and I was hoping Rocko would show him its ok but Rocko isnt eating any either and he loves sprouts he ate all of it when he got it last time.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I give my guys veggies every day, too. But I always alternate what types I feed. It's not that giving too many veggies is bad, but when you only feed one type of vegetable it can be too much of one nutrient, so you won't have that problem if you're always mixing it up. Variety is key, and fresh foods are important, so I don't see any harm in feeding veggies every day. :)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I give my guys veggies every day, too. But I always alternate what types I feed. It's not that giving too many veggies is bad, but when you only feed one type of vegetable it can be too much of one nutrient, so you won't have that problem if you're always mixing it up. Variety is key, and fresh foods are important, so I don't see any harm in feeding veggies every day. :)
Do you know how I can get them to eat it.Loki was nibbling on the broccoli I hung on the cage and Rocko nibbled corn and a pea but they wont eat it.I also gave them carrots and sprouts.I put them on a small plate on the top of the cage.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loki is eating the broccoli from my hands he loves it lol Rocko wont eat any (Seed junky)
Also the petstore didnt have Tikos pellets so we had to get her the Macaw and Cockatoo ones they also had no cockatiel sized pellets so I put some of the Macaw sized ones in their bowl they arent that big and they are small enough for them to eat but they are high energy so I didnt give them alot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts