Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my parents took my 'tiels to Florida with them for the next 6 weeks while I go on residency interviews all over the country. I'll see them at Christmas and I know they'll be happy to get sunny warm outdoor time in the winter, but tonight my apartment is so quiet and I'm really sad. This is the first time I've ever been in this apartment without at least one bird sharing it with me.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Aww, that must be awful for you. Hopefully time will go fast for you and you will be back with them before you know it. You are lucky to have your parents to take care of them. Maybe they could take little videos and email them to you?
Enjoy your travels though!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm definitely lucky that my parents are willing and able, because otherwise I'd probably have to board them at the vet since all my friends are going on residency interviews during this period too. I think it will go quickly because I'll be flying all over the place! The videos are a great idea. My parents did offer to put a webcam on the cages for me but it's not great quality.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am sure you will be keeping very busy, at least it sounds like it. A little video each day will keep them with you, and help you get through it. Maybe you can video yourself to show it to them :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I hope your interviews are going great! I feel your pain though. I've only been away from Joey since the 25th, and will be reunited with him Sunday evening, but it feels like it has been forever.

Knowing the fids are with their grandparents is a good feeling. Joey is with him so i am confident he is getting all the love and attention he is used to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts