Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised here are some pix from my vacation to Cali. It was SO warm, although not in Malibu surprisingly. We went to Legoland, Six Flags, and San Diego. It was a bunch of fun and we got to see some friends too. Enjoy!:D

And I got to see the babies my father-in-law hatched out this spring. Super cute pearls and normals.:love:

AND they got rid of the log ride at Six Flags...I was sad, it was the best rider EVER!!!:(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And some more!!!!:D

And yes I let my hubby bury me in the sand lol:p

AND we went to this small Taco shop that was on Man vs. Food so he could get a burrito that was mentioned on the show.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was definitely much deserved...now back to the real world lol.:wacko:

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So do I...I've only ever seen it one other time and that was on my Cinnamon. The sibling of this one (which is also a pearl) doesn't look like that, she has the normal pearls. Is it a reverse pearl or just longer feathers?

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just miss the warmth...the water not so much. Way to cold for this Florida girl. I did jump in the water once but that was because I was covered in sand.:p

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And I have an old British book where they had this pattern as it's own mutation of pearl and they called it Lacewing.
So that's what Lacewing is!!! Interesting...I guess in America we just consider it a form of pearl? Its my favorite though, I think its beautiful.

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
Roxy...if you ever run into that pattern again the BEST way to preserve and reproduce it is to pair the bird with any normal mutation (or even WF) that has absolutely NO pearl splits....this way the males will be carrying just this pattern. This type of pattern looks so beautiful in WF. it is the mixing of patterns that such patterns such as Lacewing and marginated have been lost.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cinnamon was a WF cinnamon pearl and it was a gorgeous pattern on her...the cock bird that produced this baby is a normal grey split to pearl and pied (he has a pied sibling). His mother may also be a Lacewing, but she's a lutino and her pearls are extremely faint.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See Lacewing is beautiful!!! I thought it so interesting that one sibling was patterned like this and another was not.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm...Patches is a WF pearl and she looks like she's a Lacewing. I'll post pictures of her when I get home. I have no intention of breeding her though just because she is older. Might have to keep my eye out for a good Lacewing hen.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Aw glad you had fun and such neat pics! Shame I didnt know it was sd you'd be, I couldve given you the heads up to the best Mexican food here. Mmmm om nom nom! you came out while we had great weather, now it's overcast :(

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I brought the bad weather from WA with me...I'm not a big Mexican food person, give me a burger any day and I'm happy. We lived there for three years so we went to a lot of places but he HAD to have this particular burrito from this particular place because it had been on TV lol.:p

·
Registered
630 Posts
Darn! Take your weather back!!!

It wasnt by chance called Lolita's was it? I'm very particular to my Mexican food....carne asada only! Haha. But not much does beat a big burger, and that's one thing I'm on a mission to find here, the best one.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was called lucha libre...an interesting place. Masks on the wall (creeped the hubby out) and the guy at the register was wearing a mask when we walked in (creeped me out lol). But the burritos were excellent and I think that was the best coke we've ever drank (hubby raved more about the coke then the burrito lol.) I'm not a spicy food person, to be honest, I love Burger King. I'm on a mission to find a burger to top the whopper and have yet to find one. In N Out is close, but there's just something about the whopper...lol:p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts