Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of us have tiels that use their feet to hold things?

Before yesterday i believed that i had one foot-using tiel, and that was Bailee who likes to hold his paper sticks in his feet. But the last two days Gracie has had lots of fun holding shed tail and flight feathers as she nibbles them. Both my guys are ambidextrous (use both feet).

So how about you guys?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, I haven't noticed Chester holding stuff with his feet, but sometimes when he's chattering, he'll raise up a foot like he's testifying in court and swearing to tell the truth. XD

·
Registered
581 Posts
i have seen 3 of my 4 use their feet...
Cinnamaroll i have seen use her feet but i am unsure if it is always the same one or not....
the others i have not had long enough to know really...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Willow does, it's so cute. :p She also does it with feathers and toys.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
sometimes when he's chattering, he'll raise up a foot like he's testifying in court and swearing to tell the truth. XD
LOL! Mine toO! He chatters to his foot! :p He on the other hand tries to hold everything with his foot but his toes are too long for most things he tries to grab.
Baby uses her feet to hold food alot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ollie is constantly holding things with his foot - he uses his feet to pull toys or swings closer to him or to clasp onto things he is curious about!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I was just watching Ollie playing with a toy, its one of those ones with big rings and a bell at the bottom he was holding the ring with his foot and trying to get the bell with his beak so he does use his feet...lol

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Budgies will grab things that are hanging, but i've never seen them pick something up with their foot which is what i'm talking about. Actually have them entirely holding something up to play with it. :)

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
i've never noticed my tiels doing it and i always wondered y they didn't hold thier treats like my quaker in his foot to eat it easier *like thier peanuts, pop corn etc.) but today while we were in the bird room Goldie one of our rescued tiels was playing with a swing that was attached to the play gym, she'd remove it hold part of it in her foot and part in her mouth then drop it for my bf to attach it back to the play gym and then she'd remove it again they did this for a good 5 mins! she doesn't come to use, she runs away but she'll preen my hair when i'm feeding them,and if we hold a cheerio or piece of pop corn for her she'll eat it but if we attempt to touch her she bolts

i'm hoping this Swing game she started will get her used to us and let us touch her some day

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've seen Sawyer hold his feathers with his feet before, but nothing else, really... Oh, sometimes he holds his parsley with his foot, too. :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Flicky has started to do this aswell! it's funny to watch him do it he tries to hold small seeds but his toes are too long.:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts