Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I REALLY need some help/advice here! My boy, now about 10 mos. old, is extremely bonded to me and now evidently thinks I'm his mate. Whenever I let him out of his cage, all he wants to do is masterbate on me - I tell him No all the time to stop him and sometimes even put him back in his cage. Now, however, the smartie he is, he'll go on my back where I can't usually tell if he's doing his thing back there plus it's hard to get him from certain spots. I feel like all I'm doing is disciplining him when he's out, and I don't like that - we should be having fun (yeah, he is!). Anyone have any suggestions/advice on what I can do to stop him from doing this all the time??? :grey tiel:

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I know how you feel, my velcro-tiel Coco acts like this towards me too! :blush: I tell him 'no' and put him back in his cage, but I don't like doing that all the time either, so I also try to distract him while he's out such as giving him a head scratch or offering him a treat or a toy to shred.

You could try some hormone control methods on your 'tiel to calm down his hormones. Here is the Sticky article explaining hormone control and what you can do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.