Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to dye my hair and bought a peroxide kit :D - bleach powder and cream peroxide 30vol 9%.
I was thinking of doing the deed one nice sunny day, when I can take birdies in the garden and leave them outside until the smell of chemical is completely gone from the apartment; or will it be enough to keep them out of the bathroom? I have been told the smell will be very strong so I really don't know if that will be enough to keep them safe.
My other worry is the after-dye: Bubu never lets me out of his sight, spends hours sitting on my shoulder and sometimes he will preen my hair, not that often though. Will he be ingesting dangerous chemicals when doing that?
I apologise if this questions have been asked and answered before, I did a search but couldn't find any posts about this topic.

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
i wouldnt let him preen your hair until well after the smell from your hair is gone.

as for the smell, is it possible to close them in a bedroom and open their windows for a few hours even? leaving them outside unsupervised can be a deadly thing, hawks are known for attacking caged birds. plus theres cats and dogs too...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the superquick reply! They wouldn't be supervised, I have a friend staying with me these next 2 days so he will be able to sit with them, but they get nervous when they don't see or hear me for a while, so if shutting a few doors in the flat is going to be safe enough I'd definitely opt for that plan...

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
i would shut doors and put them in the farthest room from the bathroom and keep the room well ventilated. but if they will be supervised outside, it might be ok

1 - 4 of 4 Posts