Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new cage off of craigslist today for my tiel. It's a wonderful cage.. Still not as big as I would like but it will be great until we can buy our own house a few years from now. I looked over the cage and noticed a few rusts spots. The paint doesn't seem to be chipped anywhere, so I was wondering if I could do a very deep clean on this cage and remove all of the rust and NOT have to repaint it? I'm going on limited funds so I don't have the money to get it properly painted or buy all of the painting stuff myself.. I believe I can get most of the rust out. My main question is, will my tiel be safe if I don't repaint it?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Something good to use on the rust spots that is absolutely safe is this:
get a cup. Place some baking soda in it. Pour some vinegar in to make a paste. It will bubble up. Brush the mixture on the rusty spots and let it sit for a few minutes. Wipe it off.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something good to use on the rust spots that is absolutely safe is this:
get a cup. Place some baking soda in it. Pour some vinegar in to make a paste. It will bubble up. Brush the mixture on the rusty spots and let it sit for a few minutes. Wipe it off.
Oh awesome, I'm going to try that! I read the post before yours and I didn't really have anything on that list! I have baking soda and vinegar :) I've been having serious buyers remorse all day about this cage. I hope this works so I can feel a lot better about spending $70! :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts