Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! So i have a question, this isn't for any of my Tiels; it's actually for my budgies, but it's related too birds! so anyways, here's my Question:

What's the best way too clean a used Bird cage?

I've heard some floaters about washing it with bleach,lemons,vinegar,soapy water.

I only have bleach, vinegar, and soap on hand (with water of course!) so which should i use?

thanks in advance everyone!

Carusoe13--:)

·
Registered
669 Posts
I wash my cages with liquid dish soap or vinegar diluted in water. With soap you just have to make sure it's rinsed off really well.
I would use liquid dish soap if the cage is really dirty, but if you're just wanting to sanitize it I'm not sure what you'd want to use, lol. I've heard bleach works but I'm not sure if you're supposed to rinse it afterwards or what.

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
i would use dish soap and vinegar (not mix, but wash with soap, rinse very very well then disinfect with vinegar)

or if you really want heavy duty, diluted bleach... but you got to let the cage sit for a week to dry and not smell like bleach after

·
Registered
43 Posts
Be sure to rinse the cage off very well if you use vinegar. The main component in vinegar is acetic acid which is mildly corrosive to metals (not so much of an issue with aluminium though).

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
You need to clean the cage? How often do you need to clean it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts