Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Urgent Help! Male attacking female cockatiel..

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tielfan 
#1 · (Edited)
So my female cockatiel have just laid eggs about a few days ago (3 eggs) and I have noticed that the male cockatiel would also go and sit on them sometimes but when he comes out and the female is also out, he would attack her, and I mean attack her like really hard. Recently he has been biting me hard too when I try to tame him. I put him in another cage for like 3-7 hours almost daily, because that is the only way to stop him attacking her.. what should I do? Should I just keep them separate?

Btw, when I put him back in their main home, he would go inside the nestbox first thing.. but later as usual attack female if she is outside the nestbox, but wont do anything if she is inside the nestbox with him.

Edit: I forgot to add that he would also sit on those eggs sometimes..

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Yes, he use to attack her but when one of us intervene, he would stop attacking her.. and the female is 90% of the time sitting on the eggs and the male would too but he also attack her if she is out.. I don't really want to remove the eggs just yet, is there another way around?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.