Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Welcome to our new Cockatiel Of The Month subforum. Here you will find current entries, voting polls and past winners of the new Cockatiel Of The Month competition. We will be looking forward to seeing all the great entries!

Before entering, please review these competition rules to make this a fun experience for everyone!

Each month, a member can enter ONE photo of their cockatiel/s into the competition. All photos entered should be within the board limit of 500px x 500px. You can resize photos either in your Photobucket account, or using any other software you may have on your computer. This will ensure that everyone can enjoy the competition, even people with slow connections (remember that even with the auto-resizer we have, the full size photo has to load completely which is time consuming for people on dial-up). If you need help resizing a photo feel free to PM me, and i can do it for you! :)

Entries must have your cockatiel/s as the main focus, but your cockatiels friends can also be in the photo (other pets, you, etc).

Entries will be open for the majority of the month, and in the last week a poll will be set up so that we can all vote for our favourite photo. In the event of a draw a tie-breaker poll would be set up.

Occasionally the Cockatiel Of The Month competition may be given a theme (e.g. Easter, Valentine's Day, etc). In this case you would enter a photo of your cockatiel that also fits in with the month's theme.

After the first Cockatiel Of The Month is decided, a sticky thread will be made with links to each of the winners, allowing members to easily look through past winners.

NEW RULE IN PLACE AS OF FEBRUARY 2ND 2012: New members are more than welcome to participate, but need to have 5 or more posts on the forum. Postings in the COTM threads do not count for total posts. In the event that the votes are close the winner will be selected from the participating member, and share the spotlight with the new member, which will have the honorary member placing.

Of course, the most important thing in all of this is to have FUN!

Thanks for reading,
Bea

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have a question. And it may sound silly but bear with me.

If you enter a picture, are you still able to vote?

I looked through the threads but didn't see anything.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Can you vote more than once? I have two favourites this month and a third I also love (none of the ones I want to vote for are my entry btw!!)

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
You can only vote once.

There is a contest running now, but we are doing voting at the moment: June COTM Voting - if you keep an eye out, I will be making an entry thread for July COTM on the 2nd of July which you are more than welcome to enter, you will post an entry in the same thread which will be titled "July COTM Entries". :)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Cool!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Yes if you look in our picture section, the subforum is called COTM and we have a contest going on right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.