Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I last posted about my 15 year old cockatiel, Mindwipe, she was having issues staying perched. Like falling constantly and sitting below on the bottom of the cage on ladders that I keep there for the birds to climb up. She appeared healthy otherwise.

Well since that post I've moved down a lot of stuff, including her 'balcony', which is like a flat perch but wire. I also moved in several extra ladders for her and placed a swinging perch at a level she can climb onto but not exhort herself. I've moved down a bowl for her and filled it with her regular fare. So far so good! She still manages to climb to the top perches, but she always flutters down with a THUMP. Her mate, Redshift, hangs with her, so she gets company. Just Archie is left without a companion :p

SO yeah. Things are looking good again :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Thanks for the update! :) So glad to hear the little sweetie is getting around, and still the apple of Redshift's eye :love:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Mindwipe

So sweet how you are caring for your little girl as she ages. Glad she is doing better with the changes you have made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts