Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey an update on hiccups hes about 8 months old now.First of all i feel like hes a bit smaller in size than other cockatiels will he grow up even more or stay this size.Second of all i still see pin feathers he started molting at 6 or 5 months old is this normal??Third of all he doesnt like to fly too much he likes to chill ALOT and also eat idk how hes still 83 gramms but hes not overweight.Anyways i feel hes lazy is this a normal thing in cockatiels ive heard they like to chill but i feel hes more extreme lol.Now im thinking of getting another bird for him is a conure a good match or im thinking of a female considiring hes a male (he still has pointed wings but his face is RRLY yellow and he says his name and sings)now im not pretty sure about a female cuz i dont want baby birds so is it certain that they will breed?? Thanks for reading this 馃槉

Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
At just 8 months, I don't think I would worry TOO much about his size. I've had a number of tiels and some just don't get that big. As far as getting him a buddy, I have absolutely nothing against conures.....I have two male sun conures. For the most part, they get along with the teils but can sometimes be a little snappy. Remember, conures have a MUCH bigger beak and bite and could easily hurt a cockatiel. You might consider another tiel first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts