Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm worried about my bird, this does not look healthy. She isn't displaying any other symptoms, she still whistles and moves and is active, but this seems like a big health issue. Anyone know what it could be? Before I'm recommended a vet, there are none. I've also used the online vet services and they aren't able to help either.

Flooring Font Wood Ingredient Food
Insect Arthropod Pest Parasite Stain

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm worried about my bird, this does not look healthy. She isn't displaying any other symptoms, she still whistles and moves and is active, but this seems like a big health issue. Anyone know what it could be? Before I'm recommended a vet, there are none. I've also used the online vet services and they aren't able to help either.

View attachment 95687 View attachment 95688
What is her diet? They seem a bit reddish and watery so maybe shes eating too much fruit that led to this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All seed diet. Is the urine portion of the feces okay? I've never known a bird to stain white paper this badly. I thought urine was supposed to be clear and dry clear, not leave a sickly looking stain.

·
Registered
134 Posts
All seed diet. Is the urine portion of the feces okay? I've never known a bird to stain white paper this badly. I thought urine was supposed to be clear and dry clear, not leave a sickly looking stain.
All seed diets are very unhealthy for birds, birds should have a variety of fruits, vegetables and pellets to keep a healthy lifestyle. Try slowly changing the birds diet, and if the poop still shows like this, try communicating with a vet or an experienced breeder

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a quick question, when your tiel poops, does it also leave this sickly looking stain on the paper? Because I have two budgies and when they poop, the urine portion is clear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts