Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my second thread and im glad that actually there is a lot who cares and reply and thank you all btw..
so my bird isnt the luckiest bird alive except that he lives with me cz i rly care so anw the last time when i tried to tame him he got sick and his eyes was infected so he started biting my fingers off and refusing any help :/ so i gave him his space and jst change his water and food and cleaning his cage and some time try to feed him using a white plastic spoon then yesterday i opened the cage and when he was eating i started to pet him and it was amazing but then my brother convinced me that anyone can do it and he wants to try but when my bird turned his head my bro freaked out and quickly removed his hand so my bird was scared and try to fly every where tho hes clipped and a lot so i rly dono how he can fly that high anw so i talked and sang to him then left him alone today i woke up to find out his leg was injured!!! why this is happening :s i took him to the vet he said it was nthg so i tried to pet him again like ystrday and i found out that he's making good progress he waked towards me when he sees me and stuff like that but then at night when im getting him in to the room he drank and he made some bubble sounds with the water in his beak and it was something like a kiss so i kept repeating it and saying "give me a kiss" so he repeated it and it was amazing i called my sister to show her and when she did it he also repeated it!!! his first sound馃槏馃槏馃槏so anw i work at night and now i returned home and i entered my room and when i turn on the light he looked at me and he did it!!!!!! he did it like he was greeting me!!!! wooww im soo glade i hope he ll talk or whistle soon cz im trying to make him perform the whistling part from wind of change - scorpions.
anw i know i talked too much but im soo excited this my first cockatiel and my first bird experience im glade i didnt gave up on him and i hope i can make him understand that im trying to help him live a better life all tho i red a lot about bird brain and it seems that a lot of scientist agreed that a bird brain is mainly reflex and instinct... :/

Registered
wow great progress :) so awesome he's kissing! my Bjorn does that - it's so cute.
good work on the training too.

p.s. i'll move your thread to Cockatiel Talk ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts