Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I buy my bird needs from the little family owned pet store in town. I've known them for years and they give me discounts on stuff like pellets and toys.

They have a few 12 week old babies that they've just weaned and katie called me tonight to see if I might be interested (they give me first pick of the ones that haven't been claimed prior to weaning).

I HAVE been thinking about adding a new flock member for a while now. When I got Panda it kind of got put on the backburner because I was so busy with him, but i've got a lot of free time now that he's down to two feeds a day. Plus I think it would be good for Zoe to have another sibling. She used to be WAY protective of me but she has simmered down a lot since Panda started spending most of his time with me and she got into trouble if she tried to chase him off. She even lets him sit near her now lol. But at the same time I don't want to upset the harmonious living LOL.

Hmmmm. We'll see. I've got to go buy formula tomorrow so i'll have a look at them (lets face it, as if i'm going to go into a pet store and NOT look at the birds). I might think about it over the weekend.

If I do decide to purchase one... I'll have to name it. The idea of having to think of another name almost makes me want to say no right now LOL.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Ooooh.. exciting. If you remember, please take some photos of the youngsters! :love:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Haha going thee and seeing them will be disaster. Those little faces so innocent and curious. Make sure you post a picture of the new baby!!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
It's all about flock dynamic. If Zoe is not attached to Panda, a friend might be good for him. Then you would have three babies who all want you lol. Can you imagine?

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be the right choice for your flock... but still... if baby comes into your possession, we will be expecting pictures ;)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hmmmm. We'll see. I've got to go buy formula tomorrow so i'll have a look at them (lets face it, as if i'm going to go into a pet store and NOT look at the birds). I might think about it over the weekend.
I can hardly imagine you can go there, look at them and walk out!
I think we will have to think about a new name very soon!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Three huh? Be sure to post pics :p

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I decided not to. I went to see them (didn't get any pictures as I left my phone at home, sorry D:) and they are very cute! There's two pieds and a whiteface pearl. I was very tempted to take the w/f pearl home lol.

But this morning I let zoe and panda out while I went about my morning routine, and when I came back from doing my hair, they were sitting on the back of the couch together. It's the first time she's let him be anywhere near her without me being involved!

So I really don't want to upset this new balance lol! She's gone from not wanting him in the same general vicinity as her, to tolerating his presence on my shoulders, to actually sitting with him by her own choice.

If I brought another baby in now, I think she'd plot my death.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts