Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Awww Plukie are you being a worried Mummy :D He will be fine it might take him so getting use to but under the circumstances its for the best hopefully he will calm down and we will have a nicer Dooby ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
He won't like it at first, but he'll get over it soon enough. In fact, Chester hadn't had his wings clipped at all before I got him (and he's somewhere around a year old), and he just turned into a cuddler next time I got him out! ^_^

·
Registered
302 Posts
Aww tell Dooby I said good luck!:thumbu:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
:( Poor Dooby! So, it took me 20 minutes to get him in the cat basket to get him to the vet. I tried everything apart from picking him up (he bites) then he came to me for a cuddle and a tickle and hey presto, I put the cat basket with door opened up to my chest and he had no choice but to go in. So, that was the first traumatic episode. Off we went in the car, Dooby was quite happy, we get to the vets and the receptionist put her finger through the bars and Dooby stood on them! Then the vet got a towel, put his hand inside the box and came out with a Dooby! No problem, the nurse held him and the vet clipped him. He said if it's not enough he will clip more of his feathers on Monday. He's left some so that "He still looks pretty" but it might be that he can still fly high, I'll just have to see. At the moment he is sat on the flap bit at the top of his cage and I swear he is sulking.

It only cost £6.30 (approx $13 US) so that was good. I'd much rather an expert do it than me, they know how to hold him and where to clip. It would be down to me to hold him AND clip him, so that would be a bit tricky. If he's stand still on his perch and hold his wing out for me, it might be a help, but I can't see him doing that somehow. LOL

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Plukie I am glad everything went well, I am sure Dooby is sulking a bit but he will get over it hopefully it was enough and you don't have to go back again Monday

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Awww, poor Dooby, but it's for the best. And if your not completely happy with it in any way, remember they'll always grow out. Dooby's going to have a bit of a suprise when he stops sulking and starts flying. ;)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He's gone to bed now. I put him to bed at 7.00p.m. tonight, because he was up at 7.00 this morning! So, I'll have to see how he is tomorrow, but he hasn't said much.....still sulking I suppose. lol He didn't even say "Night night!" although he did blow me a kiss, so maybe he's coming around slowly. lol.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I am sure he will be back to his old self in no time :p well ummm lets hope not the self thats a little stinker :D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
They have to sulk, or else us owners might think they don't mind too much. :p It's all in the birdy rule book i'm sure - under "ways to make our owners feel guilty".

·
Registered
799 Posts
It's all in the birdy rule book i'm sure - under "ways to make our owners feel guilty".
my birds must use this book when you come in the room they both lean there heads forward for scratch and when your eating they will moan until they get some and if you dont give them a scrath or food they give you bad looks.:rolleyes:im sure dooby will be happy in no time im gonna have a whole lot sulking to come when i decide to cut flickys wings. :p

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, what can I say.........it has made him really bad tempered and he can still fly!!!! He flew from the ground up to the top of his cage, he's launched a biting attack on me and one on Darryl....so, back to the vets on Monday I suppose to have some more feathers clipped. At this rate, he'll be getting his wings and beak amputated!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Oh dear, that's disappointing. I really can't imagine sweet Dooby being vicious , I don't know why.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh dear Dooby, don't you know that getting back at your Mummy for clipping your wings will only get your wings clipped more? ;)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Did you see how much they cut off? :)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts