Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I've only had Gregory for a few weeks now. He's 11 weeks old and has settled into his new home really well. He has a big cage that's very wide that he seems to like. That cage lives downstairs where Gregory sleeps, and sometimes gets put outside with him in my downstairs patio outdoor area. When I'm upstairs he gets lots of cuddle time but if he wants to be up there with me while I'm rushing in and out doing things he has to go in his small travel cage (which I normally only use when Gregory and I jump in a taxi and go to my boyfriends place). He's OK for a day and a half on the weekend at my boyfriends in the small cage because he gets lots of out of cage time with my boyfriend and I, and there's lots more action and talking there than there is in my house so he seems very happy.
But I'm thinking of getting another cage on a stand for my very large bedroom, where I spend most of my time because it's got my desk that I work from and its heated and air conditioned. That way I don't have to try to drag a massive cage upstairs and downstairs every day bumping it into the walls or shut him in his small one too often. And I could put him on my upstairs balcony where I can see him while I'm working if he wanted some outside time. Then while I'm downstairs cooking or chatting to friends he can go back into his living room cage. My boyfriend and I are also thinking of moving in together in a large place in the next few months or so, and having one cage close to the action and one in a quieter spot might be a good idea as he sometimes works from home.
What do you guys think? Is two cages for one bird silly?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
LOL! I have multiple cages going in the bird room. Join the club! Having more than one cage is definitely a boon when your bird needs the attention!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts