Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello~
my little :grey tiel: is about 8 months now, he would do this song and stick his face in my ear or to my hand and repeat it, is he begging for attention?
please help me understand!

I uploaded a recording of it, please make sure your music player volume is low before you play it because it is loud.

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
He likes you! Maybe a little too much haha. He may be trying to court you.

I've only ever had two boys that sing to me that closely, and they were most definitely hormonal and trying to court me. Mine got over it on their own without any behavioral problems, but if he starts becoming aggressive you may want to consider hormone control, which some of our other more experienced members can help you with!

I have also had quite a few boys who just sing ALL THE TIME and it's not hormonal at all, they just like to sing lol. Boys are great that way!

For now, this is adorable and enjoy it! I miss having cute boys sing to me :p

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Very adorable! With all this spring like weather we've been having this week (so much for my white Christmas, I've been wearing shorts), Joey has become hormonal. While the serenading is adorable, I've had to start putting him to bed early a couple nights ago, because of the rest of it.

If he is also (or starts) hissing at you, nipping, becomes territorial over food, toys, perches, fave objects, etc, or starts having solo sexy time with perches or anything, the best thing to do is give him longer nights to control the hormones. There are others far more experienced, but I have found longer nights help control the situation. That is IF or when the rest may occur. If it is simply serenading, enjoy the heck out of it. :love:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he (Lulu) sings along sometimes and tries to learn songs, he's a a nice and very cuddly boy and never became aggressive, but he tries to mate with my hands or feet sometimes :lol:
I'm getting him a female friend when he is old enough :grey tiel: <3

thank you for the input Shaenne and TamaMoo. happy holiday!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts