Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past we had some budgies that weren't tame and a linnie that would hang out around you but didn't want contact. Having never seen anyone handle a bird (my mom has a thing against birds) I wasn't sure how to tame them.

Well we decided to try again. I got a hand raised cinnamon cockatiel. Kigiri has been very friendly and taught me a lot about how to get a bird to respond along with watching tons of youtube videos. Kigiri came from a house full of birds though and was stressed out at first in our quiet, bird free house. She would only eat if I was there but has improved from that. Now she still won't groom or play without me in the room and when she is around me she constantly wants groomed.

So I thought I'd get her a friend. I know someone that takes in birds and it turned out she had more cockatiels than she could care for..... I came home with 4 instead of 1 more. :D I left them to calm down in their small cage overnight and then I'm going to move them to a 4' high cage tomorrow. I will make a picture thread soon.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Make sure to quarantine them before introducing them to your current baby.

Welcome to the forum btw!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on the new additions!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts