Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the description of triple stack cages, I often see "slide out grates" and "slide out trays". Does that mean that if you slide out two grates and two trays you get one big cage?
I was considering to get one of those, so that if during the day the birds need to be locked they could all be together [removing grates and trays], and at night putting back the grates and trays to get 3 separate "bedrooms".
Is this possible? Or I misunderstood the description?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
You can do this with some triple/double stack cages, I was going to get a triple stack where you could make it one big cage once you remove the grates and trays… something else to keep in mind is that there *may* be gaps left where the grates and trays were once removed, I would think this can be easily fixed by putting safe mesh over the gaps though. :)

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Not all of them work that way. My double stack is literally an entire cage sitting on another entire cage..

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
That sounds cool and interesting :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, my doubt is that after you remove the grate and the tray there will still be a fixed bottom for each cage... I contacted a couple of sellers, hoping for some clarification.
My big doubt about this plan of mine is that once I remove the dividers they will only use the top, which would be really bad and a waste of money.

Another possibility I have seen online is a double flight cage with vertical divider, something like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Wrought-Double-Divider-Levels-Cockatiel/dp/B004VWWZYC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_petsupplies_2
It is immensely cheaper than a triple stack, and there are different sizes.
The gap between the two cages is very easy to close with removable net or a wooden wedge.

It doesn't fit me very well because I would like to split my flock in 3 night cages, so I'd end up having to buy two of those which is way beyond my budget... and would split my flock in two during the day, if they are locked in. They are very rarely locked in, but still it's not an optimal solution.

·
Registered
450 Posts
My triple stack doesn't work that way even though it has slide out trays and grates. you see the top of each cage is still attached by screws to the sides of each unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts