Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd update everyone on our vet visit from Thursday! The entire crew went; Lulu, Lucas, Max, Chester and Walter. It was a beautiful day for a car ride! Everyone got a very clean bill of health! Walter went in for his recheck and he just needs to get another 4-5 grams gained but the vet was really pleased with the progress he had made! He thinks Walter might not have ever been weaned properly and that's why there's the difficulty getting him to eat. His suggestion was to top him up with hand feeding formula as needed after feeling how full his crop is. He was really glad to see how feisty Walter was and how much energy he had; he was whistling and chatting up a storm as usual!!!

The other four birds are in perfect condition. My digital scale is off 10 grams from his old fashioned scale so now I know why I've always gotten lower numbers. I'm going to look into other scales. I feel a very accurate scale is incredibly important!

The birds were all really well behaved. They of course didn't like having a stranger holding them and examining them, especially a man but they were pretty good and didn't struggle too much. By the time they got home they were very tired! They all had a nap, as did I!

Here are some photos of our adventures!

Here's Lulu in her carrier at home, getting ready to go.

Walter and Chester.

Lulu says common! Time to go Mom!

Lucas and Max, waiting to pay so we can go home.

My co captains!

It's such a relief getting good report on them all. After I took Walter in last month and I found out how thin he was, I was really deeply troubled and upset, and ashamed and embarrassed. I needed to know that they were okay so I made an appointment to take everybody in, for my peace of mind!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Glad everyone is okay. They look like they are enjoying the ride and that must have been a big job to get them all in one visit. Good for you!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was supposed to take my bunny too but decided not too. Five birds were enough lol

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Aww, those carriers are too cute! :D Glad everyone is healthy!

·
Registered
786 Posts
So glad it all went well! They are all very sweet birdies...I love the carriers!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
trip to the vet

I love the carriers, too, and your birdies are so sweet; they look very comfortable in the carriers. Bennie doesn't like his. :(
I do have one comment - are your birds in the front seat? If your car has air bags (or even if it doesn't) that could be very dangerous in a crash or even in a sudden stop. It is best if they can be restrained somehow. Would your seat belt go around the carriers? If they're soft, that might not work, but maybe on the back seat or the floor might be safer.
Glad your flock checked out okay! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts