Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Honey Nut Cherrios ok as a treat every once in a while:confused: Bailey and Noel kinda helped themselfs to Aidens dry cereal he was eating as a snack..

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Normal cheerios are bird friendly snacks, so i'm sure the honey nut ones would be ok as occasional treats. :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I will be watching my little " Helper":love: much closer now I know he ment no harm.. He really wants to be a big boy already and he is only 18 months:love:.. I just worry he might some day share something with them that would be harmfull:eek:.. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Iam sure a few as a treat would not hurt. I would just keep the treats you know the birds can't have away unless they are in their cage.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Occasionally it's fine..just not as regular treat. Too much sugar. I give mine little corn flakes cereal from time to time..I swear Baby is like a little dog! Anything I'm eating she MUST have...you should see her!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
It's really funny, i've always known cheerio's as those little cocktail frankfurts, so it took me a while when i started seeing the CEREAL come up on forums to figure out why people would be feeding their birds cheerios. :rofl:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
It's really funny, i've always known cheerio's as those little cocktail frankfurts, so it took me a while when i started seeing the CEREAL come up on forums to figure out why people would be feeding their birds cheerios. :rofl:
LOL! That's really funny Bea!:p

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so tonight we had chilli and corn bread well Bailey was doing that feed me noise like a baby and after just out right being ignored she flew over and helped her/his self to the corn bread:blink: I think Bailey thinks what is mine is her/his

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yes it is ok, but only as an occasional treat. Mine love Cheerios and so do I. (Only dry, I never put milk on my cereal instead I drink it with it :blink: the only cereal I eat with milk is coco pops)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Yes it is ok, but only as an occasional treat. Mine love Cheerios and so do I. (Only dry, I never put milk on my cereal instead I drink it with it :blink: the only cereal I eat with milk is coco pops)
Your're strange! lol :p

·
Registered
581 Posts
im exactly the same... we can be strange together...

Cinnamaroll also thinks what i am eating is hers also....
but she wont want it if i try to give it to her.... anything i dont want her to have, i pretend to enthusiastically try to give her some, she never wants some after that...
if i am trying to 'shield' my 'goodies' she will always want some.... i guess a bit of reverse psychology is all you need sometimes...

i think those lil frankfurt thingies being called cherios is an Ausie thing...

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Cinnamaroll also thinks what i am eating is hers also....
Same here..Baby can be such a foodie. My friend were over and we were having some of this fruit salad and I swear she did everything she possibly could to get to one of our plates.. My friend was like..what do you have a dog??? lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts