Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this toy in the mail from a place i order toys from and they sent this safe for them to have

linda

·
Registered
350 Posts
Do you have a question or are you just sharing?

·
Registered
350 Posts
It looks okay to me, but you'll probably want to check the product description and find out what materials it's made from and what chemicals were put into it, then look up whether or not those materials/chemicals are harmful to your bird. Usually, though, if you're buying from a reliable source, if they say it's fine it should be. If you're concerned about the birds hurting themselves on it I would let them use it ONLY while being observed and see if you notice that they're eating at it too fast (they're meant to be chewed on) or if they fall or get tangled or whatever and if they do fine you can start leaving them alone with it.

Just remember, I am not a vet or a bird expert. I do work at a bird rescue, but that doesn't mean that I'm always right. This is just my opinion based off of my work at the rescue, general bird knowledge, research, and personal experience.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I agree with lunawolfsong I would also try to find out what kind of paint its got on The reliable places always tell you the toy was painted with food based colouring . All the best X x Teresa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts