Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cosmo is so mean to his toys sometimes! He'll attack, yell at them, and be so mean. Sometimes I think he is trying to show how tough he is, but those toys never did anything to him. I mean he plays nicely then all of a sudden he is having a vicious battle with them.

Does anyone else's tiel attack their toys like that and what does it mean when they do that? Cosmo is so sweet and doesn't bite, but he gets vicious when it comes to playing with his toys.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Milo does the same thing. I think they are just playing, because at other times he just happily chews on them. Just a part of normal cockatiel behavior :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
It's make-believe I think! Murray does it to some toys. She also likes to attack her own feet, and pretend her wings are incoming enemies when she spreads them out to 'bat wing'. She gives them a good peck and yells at them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Klaus does it, too. He screams at a hanging toy he has, then talks to his foot, then yells at his foot, then goes back to singing his one song again.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Yep. Joey does too. He will be playing, so sweet and happy, then suddenly start giving a toy all kinds of grief while making his eagle wings over and over. He will also argue with his foot for a while, then go back to yelling at his toy, Then as if nothing remotely insane has just happened, he is right back to playing so sweet again. It cracks us up every time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts