Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trusting Bailee just sat on my finger and watched with curiousity as i trimmed his spiky toe nails. :D He's an absolute monster to catch and restrain for wing clips and nail trims, it stresses him out to the point where i'm not comfortable doing it. But he was sitting on my finger and watching me talk, and i glimpsed some extra long nails and thought lets see what i can do! I clipped 4 of his 8 nails easily before he became a little restless, so i've stopped for now. I'll try a bit more later, and i'm sure over time he'll not mind these easy little pedicures one bit! :D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Awww, what a good boy. I've been noticing some long talons growing on Willow recently, maybe I should try your technique.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Wow, that was easy :) I did one of Spikes like that and he got really mad :( My Mom has to hold him well I clip his nails. He looks really ruffed up at the end of it.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Baby is good at being held for groomings, etc but Ziggy loses it...probably as bad as Bailee. Last time I had to do it the same way and it worked out better then trying to hold him. He's strong too..wiggles right out.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Baby is good at being held for groomings, etc but Ziggy loses it...probably as bad as Bailee. Last time I had to do it the same way and it worked out better then trying to hold him. He's strong too..wiggles right out.
Cookie and Gracie are good too. Maybe it's an insult to a tiels manliness to restrain them for grooming - what kind of male cares about pedicures afterall. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts