Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nikko (my first and only cockatiel) passed away just under a week ago.

She was young, under 3 months old. No one knows what caused her to pass, only that she lived a happy few weeks with me until her final day. Her sudden death was, and still is, a shock to everyone she has brightened the lives of. I feel as if I have lost a child and continue to miss her company every day. She was the perfect companion.

Just days before her passing, I had started creating a page for her on Facebook for people to visit to see photos and hear stories of her adventures. It is now a memorial page. Feel free to visit Nikko's Facebook page and take a look around.

Rest in peace, my little ray of sunlight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So young.
I am sorry to hear of your loss. :(

No warning?
In her last day, she was quite sleepy and spent a lot of time fluffed up. She was still eating normally and her droppings were the same... it was only the next morning when I found her that I noticed a lot of white, watery droppings at the bottom of her cage. I weighed her and in the three days since I last weighed her, she had lost 20% of her bodyweight :(

So it all happened quite suddenly. I suppose being inexperienced with these birds put me at a disadvantage, but I'm not sure she could have been saved even if I had taken her to the vet. I figure she must have been sick for a while, but it was only the last day when I started to notice the change.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
So sorry for your loss. RIP Nikko.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
So sorry for your loss of Nikko,she gave you so much joy.May you know that she will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge to be reunited with you someday,forever never to be parted again.:frown:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry for your loss :(.
But I have experienced the same with my first ever bird called Penny. I'm sure she had a great life with you and I think we all know you gave her the best you could.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
together briefly

I am so sorry for the loss of your little friend, especially since you had her for such a very short time. I am sure it was terribly unexpected. But I know she was a blessing to you while she was with you, as you were a loving owner to her. I hope the story will be much different, happier and longer with your next cockatiel.

·
Registered
107 Posts
im so sorry for your loss. Losing a companion so unexpectedly is a real shocker. Its been two months since my baby passed unexpectedly at 2 years old. I know what you're going through.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts