Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had Jasper for a bit over a week and I think it's time to take him to the vet. I have noticed that one of his nostrils is covered over with skin and that he makes a clicking noise when he breathes. His poops are relatively fine (sometimes gets runny when I'm in the room with him) and he isn't fluffed up but I still think it's time to go to the vet. Sorry no pictures of this. Has anyone else had a nostril covered by skin? I'll keep you posted on how it goes at the vet. I won't be able to take him until tomorrow or Friday though. I don't get off of work until after the vet is closed today.

· Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the bill. When I took Charlie in it was over $100 for the whole check up. But the vet is really knowledgeable and very thorough.... so I guess I can't really complain. I'm not sure how Jasper will take any of this. He isn't tame yet although we are making some progress. Hopefully we won't be back to square one after this.

PS: Aren't I ever glad I'm quarantining!!!!

· Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We got back from the vet not too long ago. The reason his nostril was covered over is due to something called Hypertrophy. It's just skin that keeps growing. No big deal, just have to make sure it doesn't cover his nostril up again. Other than that, the vet discovered that Jasper's white blood cell count was low. He's not sick but he may be incubating something. Time will only tell on that. He is acting fine so I'm not worried. Now I'm going to get to work training him.

· Registered
1,293 Posts
Glad to hear that it's something major to worry about. At least it's off your mind now. And best of luck for the rest of the training!

· Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm absolutely continuing the quarentine. I've only had Jasper for 2 weeks and the vet highly recommends that I continue for another month or so to see if anything does pop up.

Glad to hear that it's something major to worry about.
Rosie, lol this made me laugh. I'm pretty sure the word "not" was supposed to be in there somewhere. :D

· Registered
1,293 Posts
Oh dear!! Yes, the word "not" was supposed to be in there, of course!. :blush:

I'll type it again. *ahem* Glad to hear that it's not something major to worry about.

Whoops!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.