Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tiny Progress Report

Well now this really blows me away. I took pics of Tiny yesterday morning and I thought I might be seeing pearl but I couldn't swear to it. Last night however I could. This morning it's undeniable this baby is a Pearl. Which also make Tiny a girl. Dad is a visual Gray and Mom is a Cinnamon. So the gene came from Dad and would only show in Daughters. The boys could carry the gene but it won't show.
Vertebrate Parrot Bird Parakeet Lovebird
Tiny just yesterday with bro

Drawing Illustration Feather
close up of the pins

Vertebrate Bird Parrot Parakeet Porcupine
another angle

Parrot Porcupine Bird Parakeet Tail
Tinys' back
I think I have to keep Tiny because of the rough start she had and the fact that she has been hand fed since she was 4 days old. She's going to be such a sweetie.

·
Registered
342 Posts
She is so cute!! I love the lil baby pics...keep em coming!! You know sooo much about cockatiels, I'd say you were more than an enthusiast - you should write a book! ;) I will never understand how you know so much about the mutations - way too confusing to me!! :confused:

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Months of looking at the charts and making this face:confused: 'till one day I looked at the charts and I made this face.:D

·
Queen of the Pieds
2,706 Posts
awwww she is is beautiful!!!! what a precious girl!!! I agree that you should keep her if you can...she will always be special to you considering her fight to be here

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK! I'll try to keep these all on one post since she's growing so fast now I feel the need to post daily. Good news! Tiny now seems able to stand and even walk with a full crop. When she's all the way full her crop is bigger than she is. Also I think she's going to be a Cinnamon Pearl.
Bird Beak Parrot Parakeet Feather

Porcupine New World porcupine Hedgehog Erinaceidae Parrot

Vertebrate Bird Parrot Cockatiel Parakeet
she always seems to look for the camera. I think she likes to pose.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know the answer to that question. I've never had it done. There are lots of post where people even give links to places that do it. Sometimes the mystery can be solved if you know what the parents are.

·
Queen of the Pieds
2,706 Posts
i think it ranges from about $15 - $30 from what i've read on other posts but i've never had to do it......my tiels all showed their sex by vocalising....talking/whistling or lack thereof.....you know one of the things that makes me smile about baby tiels sweet??? how their legs look HUGE when they aren't fully feathered lol....the look like they have these big legs lol...one of the many cute things about baby tiels.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
She's going to be so lovely when she gets all her feathers I love the pearl mutation. I just put a deposit down on a beautiful pearl female so now Bandit will have a new wife in about a Year and 4 months. she is a newly weaned baby and a very special one at that. But then again they are all special aren't they

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.