Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank all of you for your help with my cockatiel, Pepper. I have come to the conclusion after almost a year of trying to correct his screaming issues, that my new job just does not allow me enough time with him and he would be better off in a new home.

My friend's sister here in town has offered to take him, and has always wanted a cockatiel. She said she will probably get Pepper a mate, which I'm sure he'd be happy about. She has parakeets, chickens, a kitten and several other pets. She loves them all and I know she will take good care of Pepper. She has made the offer of course that I can take him back at any time. I don't know if that would happen, but I really want to make this move easier on him. We are moving him over to her house tomorrow morning.

Does anyone have any suggestions to make the trip and new home easier on her? I would appreciate it.

Thank you all so much again. Perhaps in the future my job will allow for me to spend more time with another bird. My heart is heavy as I have never had to give up a pet before :( I still have my 6 year old parakeet, two dogs and hermit crab, but it won't be the same without Pepper around.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you but Pepper is going to a good home from the sounds of it. And you did your best with the time you had. I would say for the car ride cover Pepper so she doesn't get scared. Make sure that in the new house she gets the same food (at least for a while) that you gave her so that its familiar. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I'm sure that was a hard decision to make but it sounds like it's for the best. I agree with roxy, have your friend try to keep his routine the same until he settles in- same food, same bedtime, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts