Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rio was trying to get in Tikos cage again and Rio got closer to her and instead of her going away from him she came closer and was giving him food.I think theyre gonna become great friends big size difference but Tiko really likes him.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
It's really not a good idea to let birds with such a big size difference interact with one another. It may seem that they like one another, but all it would take would be one accident or overstepped boundary for Tiko to snap and Rio to end up seriously injured or worse.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
http://talkcockatiels.com/showthread.php?t=27104 Just posting this here for some good information on mixing different bird species. Rio is a lovebird correct? If Rio ends up being female, hormones could definitely make him/her turn in a heartbeat. Always best to keep an eye on them.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't picture Rio. Must have missed the introduction. Can you add him to your signature.
You never saw him because I was banned so nobody got a look at him ill post a picture and I have to get a new signature too.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's really not a good idea to let birds with such a big size difference interact with one another. It may seem that they like one another, but all it would take would be one accident or overstepped boundary for Tiko to snap and Rio to end up seriously injured or worse.
Tiko dosent get too close to him all she did was feed him and sometimes they eat together and take naps and I trust that Tiko wouldnt hurt him.:bml:

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is Rio the blue masked lovebird hes such a cutie and has never attacked the cockatiels either this picture was taken when Loki arrived home after a sad fly away.Look at how Loki and Rocko look at Rio like what is this lol.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
It's really dangerous letting a small bird go into a large bird's cage. Birds are territorial about their cages and their things and may be aggressive to another bird entering their space. Please, for the good of your flock, listen to everyone telling you that this is a recipe for disaster.

P.S. both tiels look stressed and defensive in that picture. Please carefully supervise them with Rio also.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's really dangerous letting a small bird go into a large bird's cage. Birds are territorial about their cages and their things and may be aggressive to another bird entering their space. Please, for the good of your flock, listen to everyone telling you that this is a recipe for disaster.

P.S. both tiels look stressed and defensive in that picture. Please carefully supervise them with Rio also.
Rio was in her cage when Tiko was out like I said I dont let them be close to each other same as when the cockatiels are on her cage too.And Rocko was just hissing in that picture he dosent really like Rio and that was Loki's first introduction with him but she does that anyway when other birds come near her well of course not Rocko.And you forget my eye is on them all the time everywhere I go they go.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And im not gonna let Tiko feed him anymore I heard a story of someone who was amazed to see their Ekkie feeding the lovebird and let it continue and one day the Ekkie bit the lovdbirds top beak off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts