Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really strange... first of all he is making so much progress... sits on my hand now... eats millet from the other, lets me move my finger along his chest, ect ect...every time I hold him, I move farther and farther away from the cage... still thinks he should nip a little, but nothing major.

Anyway, today when he went back in his cage, I did some rearranging for him, added a new toy and talking to him all the while and I noticed every time I would say some thing he would make a clicking sound with his beak... but then later I was watching him and he was opening his beak real wide, looked like he either was trying to puke or had something stuck in his throat... no sound was coming out... he is fine, so don't have a clue what was going on... seems something was mentioned about something similar in answer to someone else, but I can't find it now... anyone know what he was doing... I tho't maybe he was choking but didn't really seem to be in distress.... and is eating now...

Hope someone knows... ???????

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Sounds like he was yawning to try and dislodge a bit of fluff or dust. :) My guys do that sometimes, it looks crazy.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it really looked like he was choking, but didn't seem to be in distress and was also preening, so that might have been what happened... I really wanted to give him a drink of water to help wash what ever it was down... :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tho't that too, either that or choking. He just turned one the end of May... and I got him about 3 wks ago. So has been quite an adjustment for him, but this was the first time I had seen this.... :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
:)
you must be having alot of fun.
i dont think tiki would regurgitate yet as she would do the "mating dance"
and going through a moult

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am having a great time with him. This is my first tiel.... and its been so fun each little bit of progress we make...:love:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes i agree :)
Just warms you up inside when they do something to reward your attempts.
like for instance my hamster is afraid of hands and doesnt like being handled ive worked with her endlessly.
I was once filling up her food dish and she came and crawled on my hand.. i was so happy.
I held her for a bit but then she wanted back to the cage so i put her back i was so proud!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
An awesome feeling... My little Buffie has been terrified of Tiki... so have been working with her as well as Tiki... she is finally starting to come out of the bedroom and from an under the bed... has been pretty dramatic around here since I brought Tiki home... but we are getting there.... one little step at a time... :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes one little baby shoe at a time :)
My dogs are intrested in my hamster so im teaching them not to go to close to it and that its something they dont want to stick there head at.
Its working right now my dog cinco is laying on my bed and just watching but is a distance :)
And my male is laying at my feet snoring.. Typical male LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts